The Engineering Academic & Student Affairs Department, College of Engineering at Texas A&M University invites applications for two (2) full time Academic Professional Track (Non-tenure) faculty positions at the lecturer, instructional professor, and professor of practice levels with teaching expertise in engineering. These positions would be serving 9-month appointments with appointment beginning fall 2022. Successful applicants will teach primarily at the undergraduate level and provide extensive support for the development of the undergraduate program; advise and mentor undergraduate students; participate in all aspects of the department’s activities; and serve the profession. Applicants will be responsible for the organization, delivery, evaluation and assessment of the engineering courses and student outcomes associated with those courses. The engineering courses include, but may not be limited to introductory engineering; programming; statics and dynamics; mechanics and electricity & magnetism. Strong written and verbal communication skills are required.
The mission of Engineering Academic and Student Affairs is, "To further the mission of the College of Engineering to recruit, retain and develop successful students to be leaders for the 21st Century."
To achieve this mission, we collaborate with students, faculty, staff, administrators and employers to:
- Promote multidisciplinary academic experiences for all college of engineering students, especially during the first year.
- Cultivate environments that welcome and value diversity.
- Offer programs and support services to strengthen lifelong learning skills necessary for student success.
- Develop strategic partnerships for recruiting outstanding students.
- Provide opportunities for college of engineering students to become global leaders.