Highly reputable Shannon Health and Texas A&M University are looking for an Inaugural Family Medicine Residency Program Director. This exciting, new full-time position requires a strong leader with academic, clinical, and leadership acumen to build a new family residency program.
The program director’s primary academic responsibility will be the education and teaching of family medicine residents and medical students. As an ABFM certified core faculty member of a family medicine residency, the program director will be required to educate students and residents within both bedside and didactic classroom settings.
The program director’s secondary academic responsibility will be in the area of service, serving as a role model for future physicians while maintaining an active inpatient and outpatient clinical practice.
The successful candidate will be given a Clinical Assistant/Associate/Professor, non-tenure Academic Professional Track (APT) track title commensurate with their experience.
- Be the architect of an inaugural residency program with the backing of Texas A&M University.
- Help the team build an innovative primary care program in San Angelo.
- Put your mark on the program as the initial leader.
- Work with clinics across 25 counties to build meaningful healthcare relationships, expand access, and improve the health and wellbeing of rural Texans.
- Assist Shannon Health navigate its transformation into an academic health system.
- Opportunity to develop and expand upon the traditional core curriculum by incorporating virtual health and emerging technologies.
Community Highlights – No State Income Tax in San Angelo, Texas
With warm summers and mild winters, San Angelo's climate, recreation opportunities, schools, and low crime rate have earned it the "Pearl of the Concho moniker." Residents enjoy three recreational lakes and a river walk along the Concho River, which flows through its historic downtown.
- Affordable cost of living – 18 percent below the national average
- Excellent recreational activities, including camping, boating, fishing, water skiing, and deer, turkey, and quail hunting
- The river walk offers beautiful gardens, spacious, numerous parks, concerts, and golfing.
- San Angelo State Park has 50 miles of multi-use trails for hiking, mountain biking, and horseback riding.