Highly reputable Shannon Health and Texas A&M University School of Medicine invites applications for up to five (5) full-time Academic Professional Track (Non-Tenure) positions with an 11-month appointment beginning Spring 2023. The rank of the appointment (Clinical Assistant Professor, Clinical Associate Professor, or Clinical Professor) will be determined by the candidate's credentials. Successful candidates will be appointed a faculty appointment within the Academic Department of Primary Care & Populational Health. These exciting, new full-time positions require individuals possess strong academic, clinical, and leadership acumen to educate and lead in the development of the next generation of family medicine physicians.
The primary academic responsibility of all core faculty within the residency will be the education and teaching of family medicine residents and medical students. As an ABFM/AOBFP certified core faculty member of a family medicine residency, the incumbent will be required to educate students and residents within both bedside and classroom settings. At a minimum, he/she will also be required to produce on average two (2) scholarly works every five (5) years.
The secondary academic responsibility of all core faculty will be in the area of service, serving as a role model for future physicians while maintaining an active inpatient and/or outpatient clinical practice.
The successful candidate will be given a Clinical Assistant/Associate/Professor, non-tenure Academic Professional Track (APT) track title commensurate with their experience.
- Participate in the development of an innovative primary care program in San Angleo.
- Put your mark on the program as an inaugural faculty member.
- Work with clinics across 25 counties to build meaningful healthcare relationships, expand access, and improve the health and wellbeing of rural Texans.
- Assist Shannon Health navigate its transformation into an academic health system.
- Opportunity to develop and expand upon the traditional core curriculum by incorporating virtual health and emerging technologies.
Community Highlights – No State Income Tax in San Angelo, Texas
With warm summers and mild winters, San Angelo's climate, recreation opportunities, schools, and low crime rate have earned it the "Pearl of the Concho” moniker. Residents enjoy three recreational lakes and a river walk along the Concho River, which flows through its historic downtown.
- Affordable cost of living – 18 percent below the national average
- Excellent recreational activities, including camping, boating, fishing, water skiing, and deer, turkey, and quail hunting
- The river walk offers beautiful gardens, spacious, numerous parks, concerts, and golfing.
- San Angelo State Park has 50 miles of multi-use trails for hiking, mountain biking, and horseback riding.